Thursday 21 April 2011

28. Easter Fun Day

Today it was Johnshaven Primary School's Easter Fun Day.  I took loads of photos that I'd love to share with the followers of this blog, but there are very tight rules about these things, and although the school has permission from the parents to use their children's photos online, I don't.

The headteacher was very supportive and keen for me to use them, but I don't have the time to contact individual parents for their permission.  Instead I'm passing them on to the school for them to use as they see fit.

So, not wanting to upset anyone, I'm erring on the side of caution and using this photo that doesn't easily identify the children. 

My daughter tells me that later on the teachers were brave enough to take a turn in the stocks - always an excellent way of raising cash!

The ugly wall behind the stocks is a 'temporary' classroom which, like most temporary classrooms, has been there for decades.  I did hear a rumour that it's due to be removed as it's no longer in use.

Until 2007 this was in full time use as a classroom, but sadly the school was reduced to just two classes due to a decline in the school roll.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun!
    .....another contrast between city and village life...our school has increasing numbers and will be 4 form entry soon!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete