Saturday 28 April 2012

367. Creels close up


So much for ending the blog - I'm so used to going out for walks with my camera that I just can't help myself!

Yesterday morning I had a closer look at this big pile of smart new creels by the harbour's edge and I noticed that the buffers (there's probably a technical term for this) are made of recycled tyres.


So I had a look at an older creel to compare, and saw that the equivalent part was made of rope.  I wonder which will be more hardwearing after hundreds of hours down on the sea bed..


1 comment:

  1. Hooray for another post!! I'm sure you are so used to the rhythm that there'll be more interesting views around you to share....at your leisure!
    Its amazing that something so traditional can be adapted with new materials but as you say wonder which will last longest!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete